The Scottish flavours really pop in this delicious fish salad that takes inspiration and replaces tuna with poached Chalkstream Trout
- 4 small trout fillets (skinned and pin boned)
- 3 baby gem lettuce
- 3 large vine tomatoes
- 24 olives
- 12 new potatoes
- 200g green beans
- 4 boiled eggs
For the vinaigrette
- 1 dessert spoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 dessert spoon of white wine vinegar
- 150ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Boil potatoes in salted water. When nearly cooked ad the green beans and boil for 3-4 minutes. Drain and cool the potatoes and green beans under cold running water.
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves and cut the tomatoes into wedges.
- Put eggs into boiling water for 6 minutes then cool under running water.
- Bring a pan of salted water to a simmer. Add the trout, remove pan from the heat and leave the trout in the water for 4 minutes.
- Remove the trout from the water and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Make the vinaigrette by placing all of the ingredients into a small container with a lid and shake thoroughly until mixed.
- Shell the eggs and slice in half. Assemble the salad in a large serving dish with all of the ingredients, placing the trout fillets on top.