An old fashioned, Scottish Christmas ….. that’s what we are wishing you with a WeeBox brimming with Scottish Christmas joy! Yer November WeeBox has everything you need to bring Scottish traditions to yer family celebrations, deck yer halls and create memories to last a lifetime.
Yer Christmas ‘coo’ messages* (*shopping)
It’s the busiest time of the year! Yer rushed aff yer feet wi’all the Christmas shoppin’, so we hope yer very own wee Highland coo bag will help. Which design did you get?!
Numpty, Coorie, Jiggin’!
While yer cooking up a Christmas feast, bring a touch of festive, red tartan and some our most beloved Scots words to yer family kitchen with this Scots dictionary teatowel!
O’ yon Christmas Tree!
Trim yer tree with one of these bonnie tree decorations to evoke memories of Scotland! Which one did you get?!
‘Coorie in’* on long, winter nights … (*get snug/cosy”)
While the hours away as ye delve into Scotland’s past and a bygone era. This vintage 100 piece jigsaw is perfect for those long, winter nights dreaming of Scotland.
Indulge … in the essence of Scottish Christmas
Decorated trees, snowmen, mince pies – there are some things that just define a Scottish Christmas! Mince pies somehow hold the very essence of Christmas in their crust … and WeeBox brings you the best! Alex Dalgetty & Sons, award winning 5th generation family bakers, have created these luxurious mince pies made with brandy, using original recipes from the 1880’s at their bakery in the heart of the Scottish Borders. Eat yours warm or cold, with cream or not …. but certainly by a fire with a wee dram.
If this just isn’t enough Scottish joy, here are our WeeBox HQ top 5 tips for a very, merry Scottish Christmas:
- Choose a Scottish Christmas card design with a stag or adorable heilan coo! Did you know: Christmas cards are said to be invented in Edinburgh in the mid-nineteenth century?
- Deck yer halls with tartan! From yon Christmas tree to yer festive table, Royal Stewart red tartan is always a bonnie choice at this time of year
- Gie yer guests a treat and stuff yer turkey with the best haggis you can buy! Haggis has been eaten by Scots since the 15th century and is a braw alternative to traditional stuffing. It adds that touch of Scotland to your Christmas feast and helps to keep the turkey delicious and moist
- In Scotland, the bairns and granny’s alike will be watching Christmas TV favourites like Scotch & Wry, The Snowman (of Irn Bru advert fame!) and Still Game … why not gie them a try with a wee mince pie and cuppa
- Finally, a wee dram of yer finest whisky next to the fire is a must for any Scot on Christmas nicht! Slainte!
WeeBox wishes you and your kin a very Merry, Scottish Christmas….. wherever you are!