‘Coorie doon’ and evoke the feeling of cuddling down for warmth and love with this traditional Scottish classic.
Recreate the famous Scottish soup with Seumas’ traditional recipe, perfect for enveloping you in the love of Scotland.
Café Gandolfi’s Cullen Skink
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & diced
- 300ml double cream
- 300ml whole milk
- 250ml water
- 300g smoked haddock
- 60g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of mace or nutmeg
- In a saucepan large enough to take all the ingredients, sauté the onion in butter and oil until soft.
- Add the water to the pan along with the potatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the milk and cream and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Cut the haddock into 2cm squares and drop into the soup. Continue to cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and add the mace or nutmeg.
- Serve with crusty bread and even a wee dram, enjoy!